Monday 31 March 2008

So Nick Clegg might send his kids to private school.

This from a interview with GQ reported in The Times:

    Piers Morgan Will you send your kids to private school?
    NickClegg I hope not to but I am not going to play party politics with their education.
    Piers Morgan Not that old line. What is your belief on this issue, where is your principle?
    NC I would rather not send them to private school. That is my belief.


Its the last phrase that is most striking.

You can look at the policy issue on private education. Personally I'm happy for Mr Clegg to buy his kids a good education, but I trust he won't join in Labour's attack on middle class families.

But also I don't think what he says qualifies as a belief. No wonder he's an atheist and a Lib Dem - he can't make his mind up about anything and lacks faith ( it would appear he doesn't even know what faith is ! ).

No comments: